Installing a Pool or Spa?
Pool and spa wiring may not be the first thing you think about when planning for your beautiful new amenity. But it is essential to get that part of the job done right. The installation of a pool or spa requires wiring by a qualified electrician to ensure electricity codes are adhered to and the safety of the people who will use your spa.
Pools must be installed as per the National Electrical Code (NEC) Article 680. Keep your family and friends safe and let Morich Electric install the wiring for you. Remember to contact us before purchasing your new pool or spa to discuss if your existing wiring will be able to cope with the extra demand placed on it or require an upgrade to additional service.
We can also install lighting on the pathway to your pool and spa, ensuring no one trips up in the dark on their way to enjoy an evening dip. Plus, subtle accent lighting around the surroundings of your pool/spa is the perfect way to create an atmosphere of relaxation.
Pool Accessories That May Require Wiring Include:
- Pool Pump
- Salt Water/Chlorinator
- Pool Heat Pump
- Pool Lights
- Automatic Pool Cover
- Automatic Pool Cleaner
What to consider for spa placment:
- Outlet receptacles must be no closer than 6 feet from a hot tub or spa, and be GFCI-protected if they are less than 10 feet away.
- The position of lights or ceiling fans must be at least 7.5 feet above the spa with GFCI protection.
- Wall switches must be at least 5 feet away from the water.
- When installing a self-contained spa in your home, contact us first to ensure proper placement and safe wiring.
Why Choose us?
• Our electricians take pride in their work, are qualified, licensed, and fully insured.
• Your project will be completed to code, and the safety of all comes first.
• We leave out the jargon when discussing your needs and discuss what options are best suited to your project.
• We take pride in our work and leave the workspace clean and tidy when done.